As you would be aware Greater Sydney entered a two week lockdown period commencing at 6pm on Saturday 26th June 2021.
As per the NSW Government website, please see below list of reasonable excuse to leave home.
Thankfully they have included the needs of pets in this list.
We are currently seeking further clarification and will keep you updated on our website.
Reasonable excuse to leave home
A reasonable excuse is if you need to
- obtain food or other goods and services
- for the personal needs of the household or for other household purposes (including pets)
- for vulnerable people
- if the food or goods and services are not available in the local government area that you live in
- travel for work or education if it is not possible to do it at home
- exercise and take outdoor recreation in Greater Sydney
- go out for medical or caring reasons, including obtaining a COVID-19 vaccination
- donate blood
- access childcare
- continue existing arrangements for access to, and contact between, parents and children
- attend a wedding or funeral
- provide care or assistance (including personal care) to a vulnerable person or to provide emergency assistance
- access social services, employment services, services provided to victims (including as victims of crime), domestic violence services, and mental health services
- move to a new place of residence, or between your different places of residence
- undertake legal obligations
- avoid injury or illness or to escape the risk of harm
- in case of emergencies
- for compassionate reasons, including where two people are in a relationship but do not necessarily live together
- to provide pastoral care if you are a priest, minister of religion or member of a religious order.
Taking a holiday is not a reasonable excuse.